Advice to tenants on Covid-19

Last Updated: 06/01/2020

During this uncertain time and with the spread of Covid-19 we want to reassure tenants that YPP are carefully monitoring the advice of NHS England and the government, we are and will do, everything we can to safeguard our customers, tenants and staff.

> The best way to stay up to date with official advice is to check the NHS England website regularly <

> You can also keep up to date with our latest updates on our Covid-19 page <

At present we’re continuing to operate as normal as possible and in line with the guidance from official health authorities and the government, however all of our offices have now closed and concierge services have been suspended. Non-urgent maintenance requests may also take a little longer than usual to complete. Please accept our apologies in advance and know that we are taking every measure to safely attend to emergency appointments.

We appreciate that with any illness and especially Covid-19, some may find themselves having to self-isolate and we want to provide you with as much help and support as possible. So that we can do this, it’s important you let us know about any illness or any precautions you may be taking, please email us as soon as possible at - we're here to help.

If you are moving out sooner than your tenancy end date or have moved out already, please let us know as soon as possible.

We are now offering video viewings to reduce the number of viewings taking place.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss this further do not hesitate to contact us by email at

We would like to thank you for your continued support and wish everyone well.

Before i move in

Browsing our properties

Consider your requirements and use our dedicated search tools on our homepage to narrow down what you are looking for. You can search by city, how many bedrooms you require, price per month or week and even by development if you know where you want to live!

Don’t forget to use our handy price bar filter which is located on our website homepage. Set the minimum and maximum amount you are willing to pay; you can also choose by calendar month or by week. Filtering what you are looking for will save you time and present you with what’s available within your budget and specific requirements.

Why not create an account in a few simple steps? Then you can save your searches and favourite properties. This is great if you are pondering over a few different properties and you need more time to look them over - they are saved on your account every time you log in.

Booking a viewing

Once you have found a particular property you would like to view, you can then pop a quick enquiry through and we will get back in touch with you about your requirements. Try and provide as much information as possible in your enquiry with your full contact details, so we can easily help you find what you’re looking for.

You can also book a viewing by calling our local office in whichever city you are looking at or you can pop into the office and have a chat with our helpful lettings consultants. You can find our office contact details here or alternatively you call our numbers below:

Leeds: 0113 2444 666 | York: 01904 627 065 | Liverpool: 0151 236 3801 | Sheffield: 0114 273 0055 | Manchester: 0161 883 3333

What’s needed to secure your apartment?

If you would like to secure an apartment, you will need to supply the following:

Copy of your passport
Proof of studies for the upcoming academic year

Copy of your passport
Copy of work contract or letter from your employer

If you would like more detailed information about what’s required, or if you have any other questions about what’s needed to secure an apartment, please get in touch with us.

You can also read more information about the lettings process by clicking here. If you are moving to the UK to study, we also have a dedicated page for international students looking for accommodation, read that by clicking here.

My time living with YPP

How do I set up bills?

A large majority of our properties offer all-inclusive living such as Oasis Residence, Havana Residence and Fossgate House. Living all-inclusive can be easier for you; you just pay the monthly rental fee and don’t have to worry about paying extra for utility bills.

If you are looking at moving in to one of our properties where utility bills are not included in your rental fee you will need to contact appropriate suppliers and arrange to set up your utility bills.

Comparison websites such uSwitch and Compare the Market are great starting places for looking at which provider is best for you. These websites compare current deals based on your postcode and finds which suppliers are available, from this you can then go on to make an informed decision about which deal and supplier is best for you.

When browsing on comparison websites, be sure to look at for tariff length and payment type, you might want to pay monthly or quarterly, and you may want to lock a price down for each unit of power. All of the above is dependant on how long you plan on being in your apartment, so take that into consideration.

Some of our apartments have meters which use top-up cards; these are available from the YPP office.

Do I need a TV License?

In the UK you are required to have a TV license in order to watch live TV, online TV and to download or watch on demand programmes including catch up TV. This applies to anyone and all who are watching TV, including students and professionals.

A TV license is required for any device including tablets, consoles and mobile phones. Here is a quote direct from the TV licensing website which explains in more detail why a TV license is needed and which platforms this covers.

“A TV Licence is a legal permission to install or use television receiving equipment to watch or record television programmes as they are being shown on TV or live on an online TV service, and to download or watch BBC programmes on demand, including catch up TV, on BBC iPlayer. This could be on any device, including TVs, desktop computers, laptops, mobile phones, tablets, games consoles, digital boxes, DVD, Blu-ray and VHS recorders.”

A standard TV license costs £150.50 per year and there are different ways you can pay. Click here to apply for a new TV Licence, you can also read more and check if you need one by visiting their website here.

Do I need to pay council tax?

Council tax is collected by your local council to pay for services in your community. Money earned through council tax goes towards local services such as policing, fire services, support for the elderly and vulnerable, parks maintenance, refuse disposal and street cleaning.

Full time students are not required to pay council tax. If you are a working professional or part-time student, you will need to check and see how much you need to pay here.

Council tax is tricky and can seem complicated and you don’t want to end up with a huge fine, so take your time when researching what you have to pay and if you need more help contact your local council to discuss your requirements.

You will find that some discounts are made available if certain criteria are met, you can find out more information about that by clicking here.

Do I need home insurance?

We recommend that all tenants purchase their own contents insurance. However, the property you will live in is insured as a building to the legal requirements of the United Kingdom.

You can use comparison websites such as and Compare the Market as previously mentioned to compare content insurance deals.

Fill out all the required details and they will provide a price based on what contents you are insuring. You can then make an informed decision on which deal you want to take and how much cover you may need.

Keep valuables out of sight especially when you are away from home, in particular expensive laptops, tablets and phones are high value and most at risk. Here are some detailed tips on how you can reduce risk and keep your belongings safe:

1. Check all windows and doors are locked, as well as curtains drawn before leaving.
2. Do not post specific holiday dates on social media as this could inform others when your property will be empty.
3. Take any costly possessions with you or leave them with a trusted friend.
4. If you are away for a long period, you could put your expensive items into storage.
5. Automatic timer switches can be bought from most DIY shops & give the illusion that someone is in. Set a timer to turn a lamp on during the evening while you're away.
6. Unplug all of your appliances to protect them from power surges as well as wasted electricity.
7. Check all of your taps are turned off.
8. Just before you leave your home, spare a few minutes to walk around your home and double check everything is safe and secure.
9. Make sure no clothes or towels are left over electric heaters that are on or may turn on while you are out.

Do I need Wi-Fi and how do I connect?

All of our larger developments come with high-speed Wi-Fi included. You will also find a large number of our smaller properties include Wi-Fi at no additional cost. We work in partnership with Glide Student to deliver superfast internet to our buildings, ensuring that we keep you connected at all times. For more information about Glide Student click here.

When you move in to any of our buildings where internet is included, you will be prompted to create an account with Glide which will keep you logged in. You can then use this login on all your devices at once to keep you connected. If you need any help with connecting your devices or require help with technical issues, please visit Glide’s helpful support section by clicking here.

You can also watch their handy video on how to connect games consoles or smart TVs to Glide Student by clicking here.

Does YPP offering a personal cleaning service?

YPP does not currently offer any personal cleaning services, however we do make sure that our communal areas are well maintained and kept clean.

These areas include receptions, hallways, communal lounge, fitness-suite and lifts. We do ask our tenants to be respectful of their environment and consider other tenants. All of our properties have rubbish disposable areas and we ask you politely that you do not litter in our buildings.

How do I report maintenance issues?

Our trusty maintenance team make living in YPP properties a breeze.

You can find our easy step-by-step guide for reporting a maintenance issue here. You will receive a confirmation email containing a job reference number once the issue has been logged successfully.

Please remember to give as much information as possible when reporting your issue. Pictures, videos or audio clips will help us determine if any parts are needed before we attend. This can speed up the process and make things easier for you.

The maintenance team prioritise emergency issues first and aim to attend all repairs within a timely manner. We will keep you informed of any progress with updates along the way.

Who should I contact in the event of an Emergency?

In the event of a maintenance emergency such as total loss of power, a major leak, or if you are locked out of your property, you can call YPP on 0113 2444 666 between 09:00 – 17:30 Monday to Friday, or on our emergency number outside of these hours.

Out of hours emergency maintenance number: 07437 979725

In the event of a fire or similar emergency dial 999 and report the event immediately. Please then let YPP know about the incident by calling us or popping into our office.

What should I do in the event of a theft or break in at my property?

You should report the incident to the local police by calling 101. You will be given a crime reference number after you have reported the issue, which you will need to keep safe. You should also report the incident immediately to YPP.

YPP may be able to assist the police by providing CCTV footage if applicable.

We advise you to purchase suitable contents insurance for the duration of your stay. Your insurer may ask you to confirm your crime reference number when making a claim.

What should I do if there's a fire in my property?

Evacuate the property if it is safe to do so and dial 999 immediately. Report the incident to the emergency services. Do not attempt to tackle the blaze yourself. Please also contact YPP in order to report the incident.

What should I do if I smell gas in my property?

If you have a gas leak or can smell gas, you should immediately evacuate the property and contact the National Grid Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999. Do not turn on any lights or try or attempt to investigate the problem yourself as this may be dangerous.

Please notify YPP after you have contacted the National grid and have evacuated the property by using the details below:

Call YPP on 0113 2444 666 between 09:00 – 17:30 Monday to Friday, or on our emergency number outside of these hours.

YPP's out of hours emergency maintenance number: 07437 979725

Join the conversation

If you live in our larger developments you may want to join our closed Facebook groups and follow us on social media. In our closed Facebook groups we often post events, offers and announcements that are important to you. It’s also a good place to make new friends and see what your fellow tenants are up to!

If you are a current tenant or going to be living with us in the following buildings, please request to join our tenants only closed Facebook group:

Click to join – Park Square Residence group
Click to join – Havana Residence group
Click to join – Q One Residence group
Click to join – Q Two Residence group
Click to join – Gravity Residence group
Click to join – Piccadilly Residence group
Click to join – Onyx Residence group

You can also follow us on our main social media channels, where we post regularly with updates about new developments, offers and interesting articles about the local area and amenities. Don’t forget you can check-in and tag us in your photos, so we can see what you are up to!

Click here to follow us on Facebook
Click here to follow us on Instagram
Click here to follow us on Twitter
Click here to follow us on YouTube

Moving out

Move-out communications

When your tenancy agreement is nearing its end and if you are not renewing and staying with YPP we will contact you with detailed move out communications. This will include information that you require about cleaning, your final inspection, deposit and other useful information.

If you want to learn more about the move-out process now, you can do so by clicking here.

How do I make a complaint or provide positive feedback?

At YPP we always give our absolute best in everything we do, and we try to make sure that your experience with us is positive and memorable. We are always eager to improve and hear thoughts from our tenants so please provide any feedback you may have by contacting us here.

Unfortunately, from time-to-time complaints happen. If you feel the need to raise a complaint then you can do so by contacting us here and following our complaints procedure.

Equality & Diversity Policy

At YPP we believe we have a responsibility as a company to embrace diversity, challenge unfair practices, and oppose all forms of discrimination. Please view our Equality & Diversity policy in full by clicking here.

  • View our developments across Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield, Harrogate and York

    View our developments

    We have developments across Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield, Harrogate and York.

  • Check-out our FAQ's for more answers about our buildings and lettings process

    Got more questions?

    If you have questions about our buildings or lettings process you can check-out our FAQ’s for more answers.



    Contact our lettings team today to discuss your needs, book viewings and let us help you find the perfect home.


Email: | Phone: 0113 2444 666 | Visit:

We love international students

Moving away from home and studying in a new country can be daunting but we want you to know that we are here to help you along the way.

Our friendly lettings consultants and helpful concierge team members are always smiling and prepared to go that extra mile to make sure you are settled in your new home.

All of our larger developments, especially ones with communal areas are a great way of meeting like-minded individuals who are in the same position as you – studying in a new country! These buildings have a great community atmosphere and it’s a great way of meeting new lifelong friends.

We have prepared some more detailed tips and important information for International Students to take into consideration.

Read our dedicated section for International Students

Reporting maintenance issues is easy at YPP

When you move into any YPP property, you know you are in safe hands with our effective maintenance portal and well-trained maintenance team members.

If you have any issues when living with us, all you have to do is create your account and log the issues on our dedicated maintenance portal. It’s that easy

Our team will then appropriately repair the issue in a timely manner and leave you feeling happy again!

View our dedicated maintenance portal